Extended support to produce a new capacity building diagnostic tool, “NOVA Assist”, for small voluntary organisations in Wakefield. This included extensive research with local stakeholders, a review of existing tools, design of a new online tool and reporting mechanisms, and analysis of the potential for the tool to be used to start a social enterprise.
NOVA is the new support agency for the voluntary and community sector in Wakefield District. It provides:
- Online and face to face support for groups and organisations.
- Nova Assist – An online tool to help you understand and grow your organisation.
- The Nova Assembly – Creating a stronger voice for the voluntary and community sector.
- Nova Contracts – providing opportunities for groups and organisations to deliver contracts in the statutory sector.
- Nova Volunteering – helping groups to recruit and retain volunteers.